Today’s Top Ten Tuesday, from The Broke and the Bookish, is Ten Books to Make you Laugh. I realized when looking at this theme that I don’t read humor much. I love to laugh, but my laughter more often comes from what I watch on TV.
So today’s list is going to be a mix of books and shows. Here are some things that have made me laugh…
1) A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Shakespeare
2) Visions of Sugar Plums and Foul Play by Janet Evanovich – These are the only two that I have read by this author. I found them humorous.
3) Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham
4) Tartuffe by Molière
5) The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
6) Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen- This made me laugh! Jane Austen is mocking a style of literature and it’s lovely.
7)Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand
8) The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White
9) Gilmore Girls. I <3 GG and and I’m SO looking forward to the revival!
10) I love Lucy and The Lucy Show. Lucille Ball is hilariously brilliant.
11) Chef in your Ear- This is a Canadian food show where clueless chefs are matched with professionals. The professional guides the cook through making a chosen dish through an earpiece. It’s so funny.
12) 1960s Batman- Batshields, anyone? How about a Bat Geiger counter? The duo is hilarious.
13) Mr. Ed- He’s a talking horse, which is funny enough by itself, and oh those hats and costumes that he wears!
What makes your list? What humor books have I missed that I need to read?
My best to you all,